Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
VERTEX is looking for talented individuals to join a team of highly technical team of forensic consultants, design engineers, construction managers, and environmental scientists. VERTEX, is a 100% employee-owned company who was ranked one of the best firms to work for in the industry!
For more information about career opportunities at VERTEX, search below.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Senior IT Consultant
We invite a Senior IT Consultant to join our small, 4-person Virtual CIO (vCIO) team comprised of previous IT business owners and consultants. This individual will be based in either Boston area or greater New York City. During COVID era, will likely be required to work from home.
- Holding IT and Cyber Security assessments and providing strategic advice, direction and improvement plans for professional service firms between $5-$50 Million in revenues
- As vCIO, holding quarterly strategic meetings for our clients under management and updating their strategic plans, creating annual IT and Cyber security budgets and overseeing the implementation of said recommendations.
- Architecting and Selling IT solutions and Cyber Defense strategies to solve client’s business challenges
- Working closely with Professional Services team, providing oversight on IT, Cyber Security Automation Projects
- Maintaining healthy client relations with C-Level execs, business owners and leadership teams
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (Computer Science Degree, Information Technology or related field) preferred
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Relative Certification(s) a PLUS
- 5-10 years professional IT consulting experience
- 5 or more years implementing and/or architecting IT and/or Cyber defense solutions
- Proven ability of nurturing/managing clients and fostering business relationships
- Past/present owner of Managed IT Service Provider (MSP) or independent IT consultant a PLUS
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical knowledge of information systems and business process flow
- Solid understanding of Cyber Security best practices and solutions
- Must be team oriented!
- Proficient with CRM software
- Some level of experience working in/with Professional Services Automation (PSA) Software (Autotask PSA a plus)
- Aptitude, interest, and experience recommending information system improvements
- A diligent and thorough documenter
Optistar Technology Consultants, a Vertex Company, is looking for a dynamic, energetic Desktop / Help Desk Technician who welcomes the challenge of joining our team! Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere, dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The Desktop / Help Desk Technician we are looking for will enjoy a fast-paced environment and enjoy providing Five Star Customer Service to VERTEX personnel and other associated affiliates and clients.
This position reports to the Head of Managed Services.
Desktop / Help Desk Technician
Things you’ll be doing:
- Exemplify the Optistar CORE Values: Own IT! Always Improve! Happy to Serve!
- Provide Five Star customer service and consistently work to exceed expectations by creating raving fans of our customers.
- Become as efficient as possible at resolving tickets the first time they’re touched.
- Transferring knowledge and providing
To do this, you’ll need to:
- Triage incoming requests via phone and email
- Determine priority, create and track tickets in Help Desk Software system
- Perform level 2 and 3 technical support to our customers in person or over the phone
- Provide technical assistance for all IT related hardware (phones, AV equipment, printers, PCs, copiers, webcams)
- Ensure tickets are updated with detailed technical notes and are resolved correctly the first time
- Assist with employee training and orientation
- Assist with new and existing customer documentation
- Assist with asset management
- Setup, image and ship new machines to remote locations
- Assist with creating and updating knowledge base articles
- Work to reduce the number of escalations by performing cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Assist Optistar team members with on-site support as necessary (up to 5% local travel may be required)
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and inventory ordering as necessary
- Meet / exceed tickets Service Desk SLA’s and PKI’s
- Identify and help implement opportunities for improvement
- Participate in the weekend on call rotation
- Assist with user / office moves as necessary
- Perform other duties as directed
The kind of person you’ll need to be:
- A passion to provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and customers of all types, from the technically literate to the not-so-savvy
- Sound troubleshooting skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Can do / service-oriented attitude, with enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new challenges
- A focus on teamwork and collaboration
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Excellent work ethic and highly organized
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a Help Desk / End User / desktop support environment -or- a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or any combination of college and experience
- 3-4 years’ experience providing customer support over the phone or in person
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- Must be willing to occasionally work nights or weekends if necessary
- Knowledge Of:
- Remote access tools (Splashtop, RDP, or VNC)
- Desktop hardware
- Microsoft Office365
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- Active Directory (group policies, file/share permissions
- Experience with machine imaging
- Azure AD or Microsoft Exchange
What would set you apart:
- Knowledge of advanced networking (VoIP, Meraki, VPNs)
- Spanish or other foreign language skills
- Experience working with Engineering software / AutoCAD
- Experience working with web-based Help Desk software
- Experience working with cloud storage
- Previous experience with an IT Managed Services Provider