The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND ouremployees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
Structural Engineer EIT
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a Structural Engineer EIT to join our team in our Petaluma, CA office. The position requires responsibilities for performing structural design engineering. The Vertex Companies, Inc. solutions span the globe and support a full range of building projects.
The Structural Engineer EIT will be expected to perform a variety of tasks that support the overall goals of the company. Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
Core Responsibilities (Under the Direct Supervision and Direction of a Professional Engineer)
• BS in Civil or Architectural Engineering required
• MS in Structural Engineering preferred
Knowledge & Skills
• Basic knowledge on interpreting engineering plans.
• Good technical writing abilities are required.
• Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
• Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages.
• Basic knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC) and existing (IEBC) I- codes.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and or Revit is preferred but not required.