The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a Project Manager to join our Construction Consulting team in Fort Lauderdale, FL; Bradenton, FL; Morrisville, NC; or Atlanta, GA. The Project Manager we are looking for will be responsible for overseeing a wide variety of tasks in our Construction Consulting division, including but not limited to management of surety claim investigations, construction management, and management of completion contracting for surety clients. The Project Manager will provide management of multiple concurrent projects and consulting engagements. The position also provides direct support to the Division Manager. Project Managers are responsible for delivering outstanding professional services within their geographical realm and skill-set. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective management of select assignments, including those related to surety claims investigations, owner’s representation, and construction management.
- Meeting budget and delivery timeframes.
- Ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism, including timely preparation of client deliverables.
- Represent VERTEX to its clients in a professional manner.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Travel as required to fulfill position and project responsibilities.
- Active management of projects in both a consultant and a construction role. Ability to analyze a construction project to identify issues and make recommendations to rectify problems.
- Experience in the management of construction, budgets, and schedules.
- Ability to prepare contracts and oversee bid packages and procurement
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, and all stakeholders in a construction project
- Self-motivated, and able to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Other duties as assigned by Division Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical, construction-related field (i.e.: architecture, construction management, engineering).
- Proven track record of Project Management
- Prefer a minimum of five to seven years of experience in construction activities directly related to construction management or claim management and investigation.
- Experience in commercial, civil, or department of defense construction in the capacity as construction manager or construction contract administrator.
- Ability to formulate contract agreements, analyze and interpret project cost controls, direct contractor work, and perform risk analysis.
- Must be familiar with common practices of construction contract administration procedures, including RFI’s, QA/QC requirements, Submittals, Drawings, Contracts, and Regulations.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks, handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling.
- General understanding and knowledge of all building systems, including architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Registered Architect will receive special consideration.
- CDT or CCCA certification will receive special
- CCM certification will receive special
- OSHA-30 certifications preferred.