The Vertex Companies, Inc. is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial professional who welcomes challenge. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects and working with junior and senior staff, as well as gaining valuable, real-world experience. The Construction Division at Vertex specializes in Tenant Finish (office, retail, hospitality, medical, etc.) and Restoration. More specific details are described below.
Assistant Superintendent, Tenant Improvement/Restoration
• Direct interaction/oversight of subcontractors.
• Ability to read blueprints and understand the order of tasks to achieve completion.
• Scheduling of subcontractors, material suppliers, inspections, etc.
• Direct interaction with Owners and Property Managers.
• Project oversight, RFI’s, material transmittals, submittal logs, etc.
• Project closeout (punch list).
• Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
• Effective management of select assignments; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
• Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
• Represent VERTEX to clients in a professional manner.
• Some travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).
• Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
• Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from managers.
• Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven.
• Other project duties as assigned by senior staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management required.
• 2+ years construction management
Knowledge & Skills
• Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
• Proficient in computer operations and standard software packages .
• Effective communicator – verbal and written.
• Efficient, well-organized and positive attitude when approached with challenges and realities of construction management and consulting.
• Job cost estimating skills are a plus.
• OSHA-10 or OSHA-30 certification preferred.
• Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
• Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity.
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11