The Vertex Companies, Inc. is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 25 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for a Structural Engineer to join our team. The position requires responsibilities for performing structural design engineering. The Vertex Companies, Inc. solutions span the globe and support a full range of building projects.
The Structural Engineer will be expected to perform a variety of tasks that support the overall goals of the company. Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
• Provide expertise in technical engineering.
• Carry out structural engineering design of architectural, site, and civil structures.
• Prepare and review engineering plans, construction drawings, cost estimates and specifications.
• Prepare all required professional documents and reports that are needed to carry out and complete a project.
• Provide CAD support for all projects as necessary, using AutoCAD and Revit.
• Direct interaction with the client, owner, other engineering consultants, and contractors as needed.
• Carry out construction administration responsibilities such as shop drawing review, responding to contractor questions, and site inspections.
• Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• BS in Civil or Architectural Engineering required
• MS in Structural Engineering preferred
• Minimum of five years’ experience as a Structural Engineer in the design of architectural structures with a professional engineer registration.
Knowledge & Skills
• Adequate and thorough knowledge on interpreting engineering plans.
• Good technical writing abilities are required.
• Knowledgeable about the laws and codes for construction sites to promote compliance and safety.
• Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
• Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages.
• Strong knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC) and existing (IEBC) I- codes.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and or Revit is preferred but not required.
• Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Able to walk on sloped roofs.
• Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces).
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11