VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier engineering, construction, environmental and IT companies serving many top insurance companies, real estate owners, contractors, banks, real estate investors and attorneys across the country. VERTEX has 23 offices worldwide and a dedicated staff of over 450 engineers, architects, environmental, and construction professionals. VERTEX offers comprehensive solutions for construction and environmental exposures. With 55,000 projects completed since inception, our experience speaks for itself.
In late 2013, VERTEX implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). VERTEX’s employee-owners help our clients identify and mitigate risks to a project’s physical, environmental and economic well-being; it drives every decision we make. We offer highly personalized and customized service to address highly specialized challenges. By applying technical and scientific skills to our clients’ real business challenges, VERTEX creates integrated solutions that minimize risks while achieving the required results.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic Construction Senior Project Manager who welcomes the challenge of joining our team in Irving, Texas. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national construction management and consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals! Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The Construction Senior Project Manager for Tenant Improvement and Restoration we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working within the greater Construction Services group. This person will support the Tenant Improvement/Restoration division for Texas and work on multiple projects, and provide support from junior staff to Senior Managers. Project types are most often office, retail, industrial, and hospitality remodels. Projects range from $10K-$10M and have durations spanning from one-week to four-months. This tremendous opportunity offers significant upside in terms of experience and financial growth. Assist our existing team to continue the rapid growth of the division by expanding the client network and seeking new construction opportunities.
• Market and sell the Vertex brand throughout DFW and help grow the client network.
• Manage projects from start to finish acting as main point of contact.
• Visits new assignments/jobs, interface with the clients, and close deals.
• Review and interpret plans and specifications.
• Run weekly project meetings, issue meeting minutes.
• Work with Project Coordinator on payment applications, schedules of value, lien releases, etc.
• Create change orders - Track submittals, RFI’s, etc.
• Support field staff and estimating staff when required.
• Update schedules if required (Microsoft Project).
• Manages deadlines, progress, and quality on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Hire, train, and manage Superintendents (field staff).
• Pursues new jobs/assignments, interfaces with potential clients.
• Energetic about taking on new tasks.
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
• Attire that represents the company's professional image on a daily basis.
• Candidates should be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
• Work in a construction setting.
• Minimum of five-seven years of experience in a Tenant Improvement/Restoration construction environment.
Knowledge & Skills
• Must be able to perform multiple tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
• Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages.
• Proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite.
• OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred, but not required.
• Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
• Carry construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites.
• Travel and/or field work may be required – including valid Driver License in good standing and reliable transportation.
VERTEX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11