The Vertex Companies is looking for a Forensic Electrical Engineer. The successful candidate will possess the ability to operate within fast-paced schedules and tight deadlines on multiple projects as necessary. Successful candidates will be able to collaborate with senior staff, manage projects, and interact with clients.
Forensic Electrical Engineer
Perform forensic investigations, including fire origin and cause investigations, to identify the cause and origin of incidents that lead to failures, damages or defects in the electrical fields, supplies, systems, components, equipment and appliances within industrial, commercial and residential locations.
- Analyzes failures, accidents, damages and defects
- Conducts on site investigations at fire and other required scenes and sites
- Analyzes construction design of electrical systems
- Researches applicable codes and published research
- Maintains in-service training and CE credits for certifications
- Maintains licensing requirements
- Prepares written reports in an accurate, thorough and concise manner
- Communicates with clients regarding findings
- Directs and/or participates in site and laboratory examinations of evidence
- Provides expert testimony in depositions and courts of law as required
- Provides a high level of customer service to develop and maintain client relationships
- Functions as a quality and cooperative member of the Insurance Support Forensics team
- Follows all federal, state and local laws as well as applicable regulations and standards
- Upholds and follows all Vertex policies and procedures, rules and regulations
- Complies with all company safety programs and other policies and procedures.
- Must have a general knowledge of failure analysis, product liability and subrogation.
- Demonstrates advanced investigative skills.
- May have the responsibility of being assigned Lead Investigator on large and/or complex cases.
- Moderate travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Able to work with Sr. Managers to address technically complex projects in a fast paced environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background Check
- Confirmation of address history
- Criminal history
- Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Baccalaureate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of work experience which includes industrial, commercial and residential facilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- CFI or CFEI certification is desired but not required
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under fast paced conditions.
- Proficient in computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe).
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification required, training provided if necessary.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain, and able to climb ladders.
- Carry tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity.
- Be able to enter into attics, basements and other spaces to conduct investigations.
- Be exposed to hot and cold temperatures for extended periods of time.